A crisp refreshing lager in the Mexican style.
Black Rock Brewing*Please Note: Because these products are imported from New Zealand, it can take 6-12 weeks to ship in North America. We appreciate your patience. We assure you it is worth the wait!
Black Rock: Mexican Lager - 1.7kg of Concentrated Wort
Sale price $13.50 Regular price
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize all equipment.
- Remove the plastic cap and the yeast enclosed under the cap and put to one side.
- Stand this can in hot water for 10 minutes to soften contents.
- Dissolve contents of can and 1kg of liquid brewing sugar or sugar in two litres of hot water in your fermenter. Then add 17 litres of cold water. Mix thoroughly. For a stronger malt flavour and a better quality beer, a 1.7kg can of Black Rock un-hopped concentrated malt can be used instead of liquid brewing sugar or sugar.
- Add approximately 2.5 litres of either cold or hot water so as to give a final temperature of between 18 and 28deg C. Final volume 23 litres.
- Sprinkle yeast over the liquid surface and place the lid on the fermenter with the airlock in place(half fill the airlock with cooled boiled water)
- Keep the brew between 18-28 deg C until specific gravity reaches approximately 1006. If using liquid brewing sugar or malt extract instead of sugar then the reading is usually higher at approximately 1012.
- Fermentation will be complete in 4-7 days (approximately). When the hydrometer reading remains constant for 24 hours the brew is ready for bottling.
- Bottling – Sterilise bottles and place one rounded teaspoon of sucrose (normal table sugar) per 750ml bottle and fill to within 50mm of the top.
- Seal and store in an upright position for a minimum of 2 weeks. The beer may be consumed after two weeks but will continue to improve with age for up to 6 months.