We are taking back our beer by making our own. You can too!
If you know anything about beer, you know that the best beer is fresh beer. It doesn't matter what style of beer you like or where in the world you're drinking. It has to be nice, cold and fresh.
Our goal is to help beer lovers brew and enjoy a fresher beer. We are well down the path of beer liberation by enabling our friends to make and drink their very own freshly crafted beer and ciders.
It means that we are no-longer donating up to 51% in taxes and excise to non-value adding parties like the local, provincial and federal government, and a further 25% in transport, packaging, branding, distribution and retailing. We've taken back our beer. We've taken control of our beverage and it saves us a huge sum of money.
We are not "Weird Scientist" or Homebrewers. Neither, are you!
We are Cowboys - normal people.
We've discovered that to make our own beer is as simple as making a cup of tea. Not only is it a ridiculously simple, consistent and an almost fault-proof, it also guarantees that our beer tastes better than we buy in stores. We use some of the best ingredients in the world. It is fresh and we made it!
Below you will get the basic startup equipment needed and bundles of ingredients to make your own beer. We have many instruction videos already available on this site. However, you can expect to get the Cowboy version as we travel the world while brewing our own beer.
Here are the basic steps:
What You Need
- Get Your Gear Two Cowboys Brew Gear Bundle: All you need to get started. You will also need a SodaStream CO2 bottle you can get at your local supermarket.
- Choose Your Two Cowboys Keg Club Brew Kit: A Kit will make around 70 litres of beer in the style of your choice. It includes 4 cans of Hopped Concentrated Wort and Yeast and 2 Cans of Unhopped Concentrated Wort.
How to Do It
- Clean Your Gear: Clean and sanitize everything.
- Mix and Yeast: Mix Your Ingredients & Pitch Your Yeast in the two kegs. One can of Hopped Concentrate and a sachet of yeast per keg. Divide one can of Unhopped Concentrate 50/50 between the two kegs. Sprinkle the yeast on top with a liquid temperature of between 18C and 23C (64F - 73F).
- Ferment and Carbonate: For around 5-7 Days, Ferment at 18C - 23C (64F - 73F). Find a spot in the house where the temperature is consistent. After Day 3 Set Pressure Valve to release pressure at around 15-20 Psi.
- Cold Crash and Clarify: Put in Fridge for 3 Days to Settle and Mature
- Pressurize: Connect Tap and Regulator with CO2 from SodaStream.
- Pour and Drink: Drink your first 35l beer as soon as you can.
- Repeat: Use the remaining ingredients to do another batch when your kegs are empty. Order another brew kit to do it all over again as soon as your beer kegs are empty.
If you get really sophisticated you can do more. Join our FREE Udemy Course to become an expert.
Join the TWO COWBOYS Beer Keg Club
*Unfortunately only in Canada, and the USA at this point in time.