Two Cowboys - Facilitated South African Bushveld Culinary Experience
Come with the Two Traveling Cowboys and experience the best the South African Bushveld has to offer - the place where we grew up.
We will be exploring culinary delights, culture, people and wildlife that make this one of the most unforgettable destinations and experiences you will have, ever!
This is a "facilitated" travel experience. Something new and unique from the Traveling Cowboys. It puts you in charge of your travel.
Facilitated Travel Experience
Life can be unpredictable. Sometimes a little unpredictability is just what you need for the experience of your life. Other people like to have it all worked out before it happens. The choice is now yours.
With a facilitated travel experience, you take charge of your own travel arrangements and choose your budget - no nasty travel agent markups and surprises. You shop and get the best deal you can get as we help you plan your trip.
We help and support you with all the knowledge we have about the destinations. We put you in touch with accommodation providers, transportation, RV rentals, excursion operators, dining establishments, festival hosts, camping spots and more. You choose what you prefer to do, where you want to go, and what works for your particular travel style.
What we will do for you:
- Support You With Your Itinerary: We will support you through your travel arrangements with advice. We have local knowledge and will put you in touch with local operators. Our content will already tell you what to expect. We go the extra mile because now you can ask us questions as we will help you put together your itinerary.
- Share Our Itinerary: We will share our itinerary so that you can match it if you choose to do it.
- Join the Cowboys Experience: You will be invited to share in the Two Cowboys experiences as we host you for unique excursions specific to a destination. These may include culinary experiences, wildlife experiences, local introductions, festivals etc. depending on the destination and time of year.
The idea is that we in the same place at the same time, and you get to hang out with the Two Cowboys. Yet, you have the freedom to do your own thing if you choose to do it.
The South African Bushveld Culinary Experience
South Africa is a stunning destination that can truly offer a trip of a lifetime for any traveller and we, the Two Cowboys will help you to make it the trip of your life.
Instead of the typical "wildlife" and "National Parks" offerings, we will take you into the heart of the bush. You can stay on a game farm. You can come up close to the “big five” in their natural habitat and walk with the trekkers. Learn first hand about the animals and their behaviours. You will end each day around the campfire where you will share stories and you will have an unforgettable meal after meal. The region has a phenomenally sunny climate. Amazing people and unforgettable cuisine.
The trip can be tailor-made to take in the best of what the South African Bushveld has to offer. We will start with a safari experience and end it with the city splendour of Pretoria and Gauteng. The route takes in the world famous Mpumalanga escarpment, mountains and beer tasting. Moving on to Limpopo for an African Safari experience and finishing with the glitz and excitement of South Africa's two largest northern cities.
The Two Cowboys component of the trip includes game drives in open safari vehicles, participatory cooking, beer and wine tastings, mieliepap, braai, and much more.
The trip is road based. You have the option to rent your own transport and stay in your accommodation of choice or to rough it with the Cowboys in more flexible exploration methods like RVing and Camping.
We will be on the road for four weeks. You can join us anytime on our itinerary.
This is our itinerary and the budget for our trip. Your's can be similar. We are here to help you customize yours.
- Destination: Bushveld of South Africa (Northern Provinces)
- Dates: Enquire About Dates (Usually in October and April)
- Week 1: Limpopo (Wildlife),
- Week 2: Mpumalanga (Culinary and Culture)
- Week 3: Gauteng (Dining and Shopping)
- Duration: 3 Weeks.
- Our Proposed Budget: 200/day/person sharing for a total of around $4,000 - $5,000/Person.
- Flights: Flying to South Africa from Canada with KLM via Amsterdam (Budget Around $1,500).
- Accommodation: All accommodation is 3-4 star or above and is shared at holiday resorts, nature reserves, game farms and hotels. Budget around $1,000/person)
- Transport: Car Hire Self-drive (Budget Around $500/person).
- Meals: Breakfast, Dinner, Coffee and Alcohol (Budget Around $1,000/person).
- Excursions: Over and Above. Lots to do without it costing any additional fees.
- Objectives: Wildlife, South African Produce and Cuisine, Southern Africa Culture, History, Photography.
- *Please Note: The above does not include the Two Cowboys Facilitated Experience Fee.
Join the Cowboys
- Itinerary Planning: We help you plan your trip and make suggestions for accommodation, transport, meals and excursions (Value up to $550).
- Hosted Experiences: We host you for up to 10 shared experiences (meals, culinary, wildlife, cultural, etc.). You get to hang out with the Cowboys for as much as you want during this time. We entertain you! (Value up to $750)
- Exclusive Access: You get exclusive access to the Cowboys as your guides for 3 full days of your choice during the trip. We do what you want to do and hang out only with you. No other guests. (Value up to $300)
- Video and Photo Highlights: We produce one of our famous travel documentaries and take photos of the trip. You get to share it with everyone interested. (Value is Exceptional!)
Place your order to confirm your interest. You can defer your payment on checkout until we get in touch with you.
Here is a preview of what you can expect.